Think Up is seeking to take on an intern on a flexible part-time basis to assist with research and development of online engineering teaching resources. The position will be ten hours (flexible) per week and the position will be for ten weeks, starting 18th November. The intern will work remotely, and will meet weekly with their supervisor from Think Up to discuss their brief for the week and to review the previous week’s work.The ideal candidate will:
- Be studying, or have studied an undergraduate course in civil engineering, architecture or similar, or a course at undergraduate or post graduate level in information studies or library studies.
- Have excellent written English
- Be enthusiastic about helping other people learn
- Be confident using the WordPress content management system.
How to apply:
Since the majority of the work that intern will be doing will be related to researching and developing resources for the Expedition Workshed website, we would like candidates to demonstrate their capabilities by carrying out the following exercise.
- Look at the Expedition Workshed website and find a topic of interest to you that is either missing or needs improving.
- Using WordPress, create your own web-page that helps students learn about that topic.
- Publish your webpage online.
What we are looking for:
- The ability to use WordPress and to publish material online
- The ability to think about what information is useful for learners
- The ability to find and quote other people’s content appropriately
Send a link to your web page together with a one-page CV to infoATthinkup.org. Please put ‘Intern’ in the subject line.