Teams of students are asked to create a room in the middle of a Big Rig structure, and to supply it with all the necessary life-support systems and creature comforts: light, heat, water, sanitation and electricity.
This project is an opportunity to explore:
- The construction materials used to create the fabric of a modern dwelling.
- How alternative materials can be used to reduce the carbon footprint or embodied energy of the building.
- How services are supplied to buildings.
- How traditional sources of energy and water can be replaced with low-carbon systems, such as rainwater harvesting, solar PVs and biomass boilers.
- How considerations such as light and wind direction might influence building design.
- How different parts of a design team interact to create a building.
Aimed AtStudents aged 16-19 years old.
If there are no dates scheduled and you would like to register your interest then please contact us on email@example.com